Handsignaller face to face renewal
This course is the competency refresher for Rail Safety Workers (RSWs) to fulfil the role of a Handsignaller in the Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) Metropolitan Rail Network.
This course is for Handsignallers working in the MTM Metropolitan Rail Network that have held their competency for 24 months and need to renew the Handsignaller competency.
This course is not suitable if you have already attained the Handsignaller competency from a non-approved MTM training provider and not approved to work on the MTM Metropolitan Rail Network.
The Handsignaller (MTM upgrade) is required if the above applies.
Credential awarded on completion
Certificate of Completion (CoC)
This course will refresh the knowledge and skills required to perform the job role in the MTM Metropolitan Rail Network.
Metro Academy prerequisites
- Participant MUST be 18+ years of age
Handsignaller course and have been issued the following unit/s of competency: TLIF0020 Safely access the rail corridor*, TLIF0027 Perform lookout duties*, TLIF2082 Perform handsignaller duties*
- Participant MUST have a current Rail Industry Worker (RIW)
card / MTM Track Protection card.
- * (Units of competency considered equivalent on www.training.gov.au are also accepted)
- Approved photo ID MUST be sighted on day of attendance.
- Metro Academy will verify prerequisites against Rail Industry Worker (RIW) database.
- To prevent delay, participant’s ‘The Platform’ profile MUST contain current email address, contact number, RIW number and date of birth.
- Verifications will be completed by Metro Academy normally within two (2) business days of receipt of information*.
- * Participant is unable to commence training until verifications have been completed.
Participants who successfully complete all requirements of this course will be awarded a Certificate of Completion (CoC).
CoC will be available in The Platform normally within two (2)business days.
This competency is accepted on the MTM Metropolitan Rail Network and is valid for 24 months. This competency MUST be renewed before expiration.
RIW CERTIFICATE UPLOADS
Metro Academy will upload the participant’s certificate to the RIW database.
To prevent delay, participant’s The Platform profile MUST contain current email address, contact number, RIW number, date of birth and the RIW card must be valid.
Uploads will be completed by Metro Academy normally within two (2) business days of CoC being issued.
Cost: $495.00 (GST inclusive)
Duration: One day
Delivery mode: Face to fcae
Venue: Metro Academy
42–50 Bakehouse Road, Kensington, VIC 3031
Proof of identity requirements
Participants are required to produce a valid Identification document (ID) on the day of training.
One of the following is considered a valid ID document, the document must contain a photo of the participant and be
- Australian or International Passport
- Driver’s Licence
- Driver’s Learners Permit
- Boat Operator’s Licence
- Victorian Firearm Licence
- Licence to Perform High Risk Work
- Consumer Affairs Victoria Proof of Age card
- Other Australian Government issued ID card
- State, Territory or Federal Government Employee ID
- Keypass ID card or Tertiary Education Photo ID card
Personal protection equipment (PPE) requirements
Participants MUST bring the following items on the day of training:
- Steel capped, lace up boots with ankle support
- Full length trousers
- Long sleeve shirt
- Orange Hi-Vis vest
- Eye protection
- Hard hat
Participants cannot commence training without PPE