Unrestricted Track Force Protection Coordinator Inner Suburban
The Unrestricted TFPC Inner Suburban course provides an induction for qualified and valid TFPCs to safely work in the inner suburban area.
This course is required for Track Force Protection Coordinators (TFPC) to gain the Unrestricted TFPC Inner Suburban competency.
The TFPC must complete the Unrestricted TFPC Inner Suburban Evidence of Shifts within three (3) months of training being completed.
TFPCs who are required to work in the inner suburban area (TFPC 3.1, TFPC 3.2, TFPC 3.3)
Credential awarded on completion
Certificate of Completion
- identify the inner suburban area
- identify the lines within the inner suburban area
- identify safe access and egress points
- identify the MURL entrances and platforms
- identify the correct method of protection within the inner suburban area
- communicate safely with the correct train controller
- In-field (MUST be completed within 3 months of course attendance)
Metro Academy prerequisites
- Participant MUST be 18+ years of age
- Participant MUST comply with Local COVID Safe Plans
- Participant MUST hold any of the following MTM approved competencies for six (6) months or longer:
- Track Force Protection Coordinator 3.1
- Track Force Protection Coordinator 3.2
- Track Force Protection Coordinator 3.3
- Participant MUST have a current Rail Industry Worker (RIW) card / MTM Track Protection card.
- Approved photo ID MUST be sighted on day of attendance.
- Metro Academy will verify prerequisites against Rail Industry Worker (RIW) database. to ensure competency is valid.
- To prevent delay, participant’s ‘The Platform’ profile MUST contain current email address, contact number, RIW number and date of birth.
- Verifications will be completed by Metro Academy normally within two (2) business days of receipt of information*
- *Participant is unable to commence training until verifications have been completed.
The Unrestricted TFPC Inner Suburban competency is NOT issued at completion of the Unrestricted TFPC Inner Suburban training.
Participants will need to complete the Unrestricted TFPC Inner Suburban Evidence of Shifts within three (3) months of completing the training.
Participants who successfully complete all requirements of the Unrestricted TFPC Inner Suburban course will be awarded a Certificate of Completion (CoC).
CoC will normally be available in The Platform within two (2) business days.
This competency is accepted on the MTM Metropolitan Rail Network and is valid for 24 months. This competency MUST be renewed before expiration.
If the TFPC does not pass the Unrestricted TFPC Inner Suburban assessment or Unrestricted TFPC Inner Suburban Evidence of Shift, they will remain ‘Restricted’ and will be unable to work in the Inner Suburban Area.
RIW CERTIFICATE UPLOADS
Metro Academy will upload the participant’s certificate to the RIW database.
To prevent delay, participant’s The Platform profile MUST contain current email address, contact number, RIW number and date of birth.
Uploads will normally be completed within two (2) business days of CoC being issued.
Cost: $575 (GST inclusive)
Duration: One day
Delivery mode: Face to face
Venue: Metro Academy
42–50 Bakehouse Road, Kensington, VIC 3031
Proof of identity requirements
Participants are required to produce a valid Identification document (ID) on the day of training.
One of the following is considered a valid ID document, the document must contain a photo of the participant and be current.
- Australian or International Passport
- Driver’s Licence
- Driver’s Learners Permit
- Boat Operator’s Licence
- Victorian Firearm Licence
- Licence to Perform High Risk Work
- Consumer Affairs Victoria Proof of Age card
- Other Australian Government issued ID card
- State, Territory or Federal Government Employee ID
- Keypass ID card or Tertiary Education Photo ID card
Personal protection equipment (PPE) requirements
Participants MUST bring the following items on the day of training:
- Steel capped, lace up boots with ankle support
- Orange Hi-Vis vest
- Full length trousers
- Eye protection
- Long sleeve shirt
- Hard hat
Participants cannot commence training without PPE